Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Los Angeles Best Strip Club



I will sometimes I felt like an easy target to reach, but to sink is to be patient ... And you see, the world and reality sometimes, unfortunately, have. The fact is that that evening she was tired of walking the streets (as has become customary), tired of foreign debt, unemployment tired, tired of racism, tired of gay marriage, tired of housing prices, tired of the eternal abortion debate ... did I mention tired? Well ... The truth is I was sad, devastated by the unnecessary cruelty and, as always, free. If I'm honest that evening was not as others, was one of those days when you do not know why, but it breaks the soul in every corner.
And oh, miracle! I found a small church in a corner of the streets in my neighborhood. First of all I want to clarify that I am not Christian, let alone Catholic ... but I feel great respect, (if not real fascination) for the interiors of faith. My love for the church goes back to my twelve years when I discovered they were a perfect place to read, think, think ... later, older, get them used to pervade the smell of incense and wax, walk its halls listening to the echo of my footsteps, to read the Latin inscriptions of soil, stones and walls, to admire the statues of saints, stained glass, domes, and even to sit down and listen to the philosophy hidden in a sermon which he preached the priest on duty. I must confess that some were really interesting. Anyway, I have always felt quiet inside what is called peace.
So I went and sat in one of the wooden benches. I stared askance at people praying in a whisper kneeling before the altar. I felt so small and bewildered, had a lump in the chest and suddenly I began to wonder "why do this?". And ... what was a non believer like me in a church before Jesus crucified? ...
Later I realized that what sometimes happens is that there are thoughts and ramblings, that however much we try hard to deny, are hidden prayers. Can not be otherwise, are simply requests that we launched in silence and without realizing it. That day I had all evening begging for something ... yes I was asking for something.
still do not know the why ... or what ... or who ... but I could not take it anymore and I began to mourn.
be that the only way I have to run away from this gray, noisy city that sometimes do not understand ... or maybe it is the only way is to invoke sacred XXI century.



0 comments:

Post a Comment